The historic Hillsboro Mennonite Brethren Church building found a new home in August 1989 when the Tabor College Board of Directors agreed to locate the building near the tennis courts and the Hillsboro Mennonite Brethren cemetery on the Tabor campus. Constructed in 1893, it was believed to be the oldest surviving MB church structure in the United States, and had served as the classroom for the first Tabor students in 1908. Raymond F. Wiebe of Hillsboro purchased the building in 1972 in order to preserve it. Wes Prieb, Vernon Wiebe and others recommended that it be given a home on the Tabor campus. Many volunteers helped to restore the original wood floor and ceiling. The building has been used often for worship, prayer, additional meeting space, exhibit areas, weddings and performances for small groups in the college and among the wider community.