• Erin Brubaker, Goessel, and William Plank, Marion, were named to the Hesston College honor roll for the spring 2016 semester for achieving a grade-point average of 3.50 to 3.89.
• Two students from Peabody have been named to the Pittsburg State University honor rolls for the 2016 spring semester. Jordan Riggs, a senior majoring in music, received All-A Scholastic Honors, and Sheldon Wiebe, a senior majoring in wood technology, received Dean’s Scholastic Honors.
• Two area students were among the 115 who were recognized May 15 for completing bachelor degrees at Bethany College, Lindsborg. Those students were Bo I. Savage of Goessel, who earned his degree in sports management, and Samantha M. Koons of Hillsboro, who earned her degree in athletic training.
• Emporia State University named nearly 700 students to the honor roll for spring 2016. Students from this area earning honors are: Jacey Cantrell, Canton; Amy Carlson, Marion; Kaitlyn Frese, Marion; Amanda Goering, Canton; Connor Thierolf, Marion; Courtney Troyer, Hillsboro; Nicholas Vogts, Canton; Allison Weber, Hillsboro; Courtney Weber, Hillsboro, and Carly Weisbeck, Hillsboro.
• Six area were named to Emporia State named among nearly 500 students to the dean’s list this spring. The students from this area are all elementary education majors: Jacey Cantrell, Canton; Amy Carlson, Marion; Kaitlyn Frese, Marion; Courtney Troyer, Hillsboro; Allison Weber, Hillsboro; and Courtney Weber, Hillsboro.
Students on the dean’s list earned a semester grade-point average that placed them in the top 10 percent of all students enrolled in full-time undergraduate work.
• Seth Topham, Peabody, was named to the Dean’s Honor Roll at Southwestern College in Winfield and at Southwestern College Professional Studies for the spring 2016 semester. Full-time students who earned grade-point averages of at least 3.70 (4.0 equals an A) were eligible for the honor.