• Two students from Hillsboro achieved academic recognition this fall at MidAmerica Nazarene University. Graham Pankratz made the President’s List, which requires a 4.0 grade-point average, and Hannah M. Bostic made the Dean’s List, which requires a GPA from 3.5 to 3.99.
• Three area students were named to the fall honor roll at McPherson College. The students are Lisa Koehn, a senior from Galva; Johanna Hoffman, a senior from Hillsboro; and Maci Schlehuber, a senior from Hillsboro.
• Shelby Makovec of Lost Springs was named a President’s List honoree for her academic work this fall at Washburn University. To qualify, she was enrolled in 12 hours of graded credits with a GPA of 4.0.
• Meghan Leihy of Hillsboro was named to the Dean’s List at Washburn University for the fall 2016 semester. To qualify, a student must be enrolled in 12 hours of graded credits and achieve a GPA of 3.4 to 3.99.
• Seth Topham, Peabody, was named to the Dean’s Honor Roll for the fall 2016 semester at Southwestern College. Full-time students with a GPA of at least 3.70 (4.0 equals an A) were eligible for the honor.
• Franklin Jost, Hillsboro, has qualified for All-A Scholastic Honors for the 2016 fall semester at Pittsburg State University. A freshman majoring in mechanical engineering technology, Jost completed at least 12 semester hours, earned an A grade in all credit course work and had no incomplete grade in any course.
• Sixteen students from Marion County were among the more than 3,900 students who received academic honors from Kansas State University for the fall semester. To qualify, students needed a GPA of 3.75 or above on at least 12 credit hours, with commendations from their deans. The students are:
Florence: Caitlyn Maloney, Marion High School.
Hillsboro: Jakob Hanschu, Kennedy Klein and Allison Troyer, all Hillsboro High School grads.
Lincolnville: Carrie Carlson, Centre; Clark Kroupa, MHS; Kristin Vinduska, Centre.
Marion: Justin Bina, Centre; Megan Davies, Kathryn Ehrlich, Aaron Molleker, Zachary Robson, all Marion High School grads.
Peabody: Matthew Hiebert, Peabody-Burns High School.
Tampa: Reece Berens, Morganne Hamm, HHS grads; Nicholas Meyer, MHS grad.
• Grant Flaming, a senior from Hillsboro majoring in environmental science, is participating in Goshen (Ind.) College’s nationally recognized international study program, Study-Service Term in Tanzania this semester. For the first half of the program, students study local culture and language, usually in the country’s capital city. For the second half, students work on a volunteer service project, often in a more remote part of the country.
• Kristen Herzet, a biology major from Marion, and Anna Weber, a biology major from Ramona, were among the more than 200 Bethany College students who have been named to the Dean’s List for their academic performance during the fall 2016 semester. To qualify, students must be enrolled full-time and earn a semester GPA of 3.5.
• Kalen Moss, a 2016 Hillsboro High School graduate, was named to the College of the Ozarks Fall 2016 Dean’s List for the small semester. To qualify she maintain a 3.6 minimum grade-point average during the semester and carried at least 15 credit hours.