National Newspaper Week, Oct. 1-7, observes the importance of newspapers to communities large and small. We take this occasion to renew our commitment to the mission we set out to accomplish when the first Free Press arrived in Marion County homes more than 19 years ago. We hold to the same purpose today, and we ask you to hold us accountable in the future. Thank-you for your encouragement and support over the years.
* * *
OUR MISSION is to contribute to a stronger and more vibrant community by practicing and promoting the highest standards of journalism for the benefit of our readers and advertisers.
* * *
WE OWE OUR READERS…
• Content that is relevant to personal and community needs and interests;
• Writing that is clear, concise and lively;
• Reporting that is aggressive, thorough, fair and accurate;
• Features that enlighten and engage;
• Commentary that is relevant and incisive;
• Design and graphics that enhance readability;
• Advertising that serves consumer needs and satisfaction;
• A forum for feedback and dialogue;
• Courteous consideration of concerns and criticism.
* * *
WE OWE OUR ADVERTISERS…
• Our commitment to their success and financial well-being;
• Editorial content that enhances reader involvement and loyalty;
• Promotions that focus on their products and services;
• Creative resources for advertising themes, content and design;
• Their final approval of ads to ensure accuracy and effectiveness;
• Assistance with advertising strategies beyond our publication;
• A fair rate for services rendered;
• Prompt and accurate billing.