She said the show attracted 84 cars, including 18 club cars.
Dan Kinning, also an organizer, said the numbers are lower when there’s even a threat of rain, but this year the weather was great.
“We have some cars that come back every year, but we have also had a lot of new cars this year,” he said.
Ron Herbel of Marion, who brings his 1958 Chevy Delray to the show, said that in his opinion, this is the biggest show he’s seen in Hillsboro.
Spectators were great in numbers, too.
Shelie Johnson of Pleasant Hill, Mo., said she and other family members were at the Scout House for a family reunion.
“We planned to be here today, and to have an awesome car show made the day,” she said.
Most of the family came from the Wichita area and others from places in Missouri, she said.
“We decided to meet midway between, which was Hillsboro.”
Said Dan Kinning, “We never know how many cars will be here, but it didn’t rain and a lot of beautiful cars were here.”
All proceeds from the registration fees will go to the Hillsboro-Area Ministerial Alliance for the annual Toy Run, he said.
2016 CAR SHOW RESULTS
Robert Gluckman, Salina, 1970 Chevy Monte Carlo; Larry and Bev Einhaus, New Cambria, 1956 Ford Custom Line; Ron Herbel, Marion, 1958 Chevy Delray; Kent Dickson, Galva, 1971 Oldsmobile 442; Joe Smiley, Newton, 1957 Chevy Bel Air; Don Graves, Hutchinson, 1955 Chevrolet Station Wagon; Larry Ruftner, Beloit, 1956 Chevy 210; Jim Hardy, Salina, 1955 Chevy Nomad; Doug Reinecker, McPherson, 1956 Chevy Nova, Leroy and Florence Penner of Peabody, 1967 Pontiac GTO.
• Ray Abrahams Memorial Award, Bush Ashcraft of Newton, 1936 Ford convertible sedan.
• Dave Unruh Memorial Award, Dan and Mary Beth Myers of Hope, 1965 Chevy K-20.
• Ladies’ Choice, Richard Lake of Marion, 1957 Ford Thunderbird.
• Antique, Merlin Dorrell of El Dorado, 1931 Chevy two-door coach.
• Best GM, James Meeks of Abilene, 1967 Chevy Chevelle.
• Best antique, Charles Chamberlin of El Dorado, 1938 Master Town.
• Best GM Truck, Carrol McHenry of El Dorado, 1951 Chevy 3100.
• Best Rat Rod, Jim Martin of Hutchinson, 1940 Chevy Sedan Delivery.
• Best Ford, Ed Garman of El Dorado, 1940 Ford Coupe.
• Best Mopar, Fred Gilmore of Sterling, 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T.
• Best Ford Truck, Bob Carter of El Dorado, 1956 Ford F-100.
• Best Other Truck, Pat Masko of Salina, 1956 Ford Pickup.
• Best Classic, Dave Christiansen of McPherson, 1956 Ford Thunderbird.
• Best Other, Mick and Dody Franklin of Salina, 1946 Hudson Sedan Super 6.
• Club Choice, Marv McKown of Salina, 1967 Plymouth Barracuda.
• Class Winner, Ron Strickland of Herington, 1966 Chevy Corvette.
• Long Distance, Chris Beach of Mt. View, Ark., 1972 Chevy Cheyenne.
• Best of Show Motorcycle, Jim and Leanna Hefley of Hillsboro.
• Best of Show, Stan and Carolyn Schmidt of Newton, 1957 Chevy Corvette.