According to the Marion County Health Department, the fifth positive case of COVID-19 has been identified in Marion County. The case involves a female in her 50s.
The Marion County Health Department has identified and contacted those individuals who were exposed. They remind the public that close contact is defined as being within six feet for 10 minutes or longer.
The health department will be monitoring close contacts for fever and respiratory symptoms. No further information about the patient will be released.
Please follow social distancing and infection control measures to reduce the spread of COVID-
- At the individual level this means maintaining at least six-foot social distancing from
- At the group level this means following the mass gathering orders.
Infection Control Measures:
- Washing hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds as frequently as possible
OR use a 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Covering coughs/sneezes into the sleeve/inner elbow and not hands or openly into the
space around you.
- Regularly cleaning high-touch surfaces and not shaking hands.
The Marion County Officials continue to collaborate daily with state and local partners to slow
the spread of COVID-19.
Stay informed by visiting: