The Marion County Health Department announced this afternoon that one of the five COVID-19 positive individuals has died.
“My condolences go out to the family and friends of our community member. Marion County is not immune to the pain COVID-19 is causing across the nation. No further information will be released,” said Diedre Serene, Administrator.
Please follow social distancing and infection control measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19”.
- At the individual level this means maintaining at least six-foot social distancing from other individuals.
- At the group level this means following the mass gathering orders.
Infection Control Measures:
- Washing hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds as frequently as possible OR use a 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Covering coughs / sneezes into the sleeve / inner elbow and not hands or openly into the space around you.
- Regularly cleaning high-touch surfaces and not shaking hands.
The Marion County Officials continue to collaborate daily with state and local partners to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Stay informed by visiting: