The Marion County Board of Commissioners met before the regular meeting on Monday to discuss park and lake fees.
The changes were explained by Marion County Park and Lake Superintendent Isaac Hett and were as follows:
Lake Hall Rental: $75.00 Half Hall for Half Day (was $50), $150.00 Half Hall All Day or Whole Hall for Half Day (was $100) and $300.00 Whole Hall All Day (was $200).
Shelter House Rental: $10 per day; $5.00 for half day (now removed as an option)
Golf Cart/ATV Permit: $50.00 Annually (was $40)
Disc Golf Rental: $20.00 (comes with 3 discs and carrying bag)
Tent/Primitive Camping: $7.00 per night for MN Co. resident, $8.00 per night for Non Co. resident
Camping w/electric & water: $14.00 per night for MN Co. resident (was $13), $18.00 per night for Non Co. resident (was $14).
*Each camping permit includes 2 vehicles; for any additional vehicle there will be a $2.00 charge
Annual Camping Permit: $100.00 MN Co. resident – $8/night with annual (was $100 & $6); $150.00 Non Co. resident – $10/night with annual (was $125 & $7).
Cable TV & WiFi: $1.75 per night
Boat/RV Storage: $20.00 per month (was $15)
Boat Slip Reservation: $10 for 24 hours
County Boat Permit: based on HP of the boat motor
0 – 9.9hp = $10.00
10 – 14hp = $15.00
15 – 99hp = $22.00
100 – 199hp = $30.00
Over 200hp = $40.00
All Jet Skis = $30.00
The board approved the changes.
In other news, the board:
- heard a department business update from Emergency Management Director Marcy Hostetler who asked the board for ideas on how to reach out to kids from preschool to 5th grade to educate them on storm safety. The board said they would think on ideas. Hostetler also reported that the Storm Fury event was a success with around 70 people turning out and 12 people volunteered to be storm spotters.
- met in executive session with Hostetler for a Department Head Review session.
- heard Road and Bridge updates from County Engineer Brice Goebel.
- heard from concerned Marion County Park and Lake resident Terry Ensz about the speeding traffic and other annoyances with vehicles out at the county lake. The board discussed options and asked Goebel to look into options. Goebel will get back to them soon.
- met in executive session with County Attorney Brad Jantz and County Clerk Tina Spencer for pending litigation.