(Published in the Hillsboro Free Press Extra, Thursday, December 15, 2005)
CITY OF LEHIGH, KANSAS
RESOLUTION NO. 2005-5
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY OF LEHIGH, KANSAS, MAKING FINDINGS OF FACT AFTER PUBLIC HEARING PURSUANT TO CITY ORDINANCE NO. 249.
WHEREAS, the City of Lehigh held a public hearing on the 12th day of December, 2005 to determine whether a certain structure within the corporate limits of the City of Lehigh, Kansas is dangerous, unsafe, or unfit for human habitation, and
WHEREAS, the City of Lehigh heard evidence to support a finding that a residence located at 307 West Kansas is dangerous, unsafe, or unfit for human habitation;
NOW, THEREFORE, the City of Lehigh does make the following findings of fact and conclusions pursuant to Section 7 of City Ordinance No. 249.
1. The lawful owner of the property is Irven Conner, Jr.
2. The uninhabitable structure is a damaged residence located at the common address of 307 West Kansas.
3. The structure is dangerous, unsafe, and uninhabitable due to neglect.
4.The owner has agreed to begin demolition and removal of this structure commencing property owner did not appear.
5. The owner shall complete demolition and removal of this structure and abatement of all dangerous, or unsafe conditions, and all nuisance or ordinance violations by January 6, 2006.
6. Failure to complete agreed demolition and removal will result in the City of Lehigh proceeding under appropriate sections of said ordinance; resulting in the completion of removal by the City with costs to be assessed to owner.
RESOLUTION PASSED AND SIGNED this 12th day of December, 2005.
Monty Root, Mayor
Rose A. Funk, City Clerk 6-1tc