Written by Hillsboro Free Press Tuesday, 17 April 2012 14:40
• Seventeen of the 54 entries picked Kansas to win the national title; 21 picked Kentucky; three picked Missouri.
• Of the 54 entries, only one (Darcy Franzen of Newton) correctly predicted Norfolk State’s first-round upset of Missouri; no one predicted Duke’s first-round loss to Lehigh.
• Only four entries correctly picked Wichita State to lose its first-round game against Virginia Commonwealth.
• All but six entries correctly picked Kansas State to beat Southern Mississippi in the first round; 19 thought KSU would beat No. 1 seed Syracuse, too. Two picked the Wildcats to reach the Final Four.
• The lowest seed picked to win the title was Florida, a No. 7 seed in the West Regional.