Written by Hillsboro Free Press Wednesday, 16 May 2007 07:16
| click image to enlarge
Hillsboro High School received six Jester Award nominations through Music Theater of Wichita.
The Jester Awards recognize exceptional accomplishments in the production and performance of musical theater in area high schools. It is also designed to develop a creative and dynamic relationship between the schools and a professional theatre organization.
HHS was nominated for:
- Outstanding production number: “Next To Lovin’,” Adam Dirks, Aaron Stepanek, David Vogel, Tyler Suderman, Alex Jost.
- Outstanding graphic design/playbill: David Vogel.
- Outstanding leading female performer: Audrey Weinbrenner.
- Outstanding leading male performer: Darren Enns.
- Outstanding director: Lynn Just.
- Outstanding overall production: “Shenandoah.”
“It is huge that we have been nominated in so many major areas as a small school, compared to many of the other schools in each category,” Just said.
Performing at the awards ceremony at Century II in Wichita at 7 p.m. Saturday, May 26, will be Enns, Weinbrenner and the actors in the production number “Next To Lovin’.”