Written by Michelle Avis Tuesday, 03 April 2007 23:23At the March 19 meeting of the Florence City Council, Ron Savage and Rodney Morgan presented a survey report for the Christian Church showing the church parking lot is currently owned by the city.
The church would like to purchase the 40-foot parking lot, which is the city’s right-of-way. The council will look into which utilities could be affected by losing the right-of-way and make a decision at a future meeting.
The city’s new insurance policy was received shortly before the meeting and had to be quickly reviewed during the meeting. Payment was tabled until the entire policy could be reviewed.
The council will also meet with insurance salesperson Bill Hendricks to make sure all changes have been made appropriately before making the next premium payment.
In other business, the council:
- accepted the resignation of police officer Debbie Stone.
- heard that a candidate's forum would be held at the Senior Center on Tuesday, March 19.
- will reserve use of Grandview Park on July 14 for the 10th Annual T-Roy Run.
- will forward information about the planned “Great US-50 Yard Sale” to the Florence PRIDE and Labor Day committees.
- approved purchase of up to a palette of street patching materials.
- heard that about $500 in vandalism damage had been done to a Grandview Park bathroom.
- will offer to donate some unused baseball equipment to Marion County Recreation.