All FAQ from the category Recreation and Gaming
- What is there for a teenager to do in Marion County?
- Which lakes are natural and which are man-made?
- Which ones are open to swimming?
- Where and when can I swim in Marion County?
- What lakes are private and which are public?
- Where are the public access boat launches?
- Where can I go fishing?
- Where can I get my fishing license?
- How can I get my hunting license?
- What are the hunting seasons?
- Where are the best roads for motorcycle rides?
- Where can I catch live theater?
- Where are the local liquor stores?
- What are the closest places to gamble?
- Marion County is home to a wide selection of public ball fields, basketball courts, sand volleyball courts, and more. For a complete list click here.
- Hillsboro Lanes
- 121 S. Main, Hillsboro
- Peabody Lanes
- 114 N. Walnut, Peabody
- Sher Bowl Lanes
- 131 S. Thorp, Marion
Both the Marion Reservoir and Marion County Lake are man-made.
Both are open to swimming in designated swimming areas or at campsites.
In addition to the Marion Reservoir and Marion County Lake, several swimming pools are available in Marion County.
Seasonal outdoor pools include:
- Florence Municipal Pool
- 9th & Baker, Florence
- Hillsboro Family Aquatic Center
- 600 W. D St., Hillsboro
- Peabody Swimming Pool
- Division & Locust, Peabody
Year-round indoor pools:
- Marion Sports and Aquatic Center
- 104 Thorp, Marion
Both the Marion County Park &‚ÄàLake and the Marion Reservoir have public-access boat launch sites. At them Marion Reservoir, boat ramps are located at Broken Bridge, Cottonwood Point, Durham Cove, French Creek and Hillsboro Cove (Click here for a map
Both the Marion County Park &‚ÄàLake and the Marion Reservoir have public-access boat launch sites. At them Marion Reservoir, boat ramps are located at Broken Bridge, Cottonwood Point, Durham Cove, French Creek and Hillsboro Cove (Click here for a map.
You may fish with a license at the Marion County Park &‚ÄàLake and the Marion Reservoir.
You may apply for a Kansas State Fishing License at the Region 4 KDWP office at 6232 E. 29th St., Wichita, KS 67220 or online.
For a list of notable Kansas Motorcycle Routes click here.
- Tabor College (www.tabor.edu) offers a homecoming musical every fall, and several other drama productions in the spring.
- Local school districts also perform a variety of musicals and plays throughout the year.
- D&J‚ÄàLiquor Store
- 1202 E. Main St., Marion
- Happy Trails Retail Liquor
- 2695 US Highway 56, Canton
- LB Liquor LLC
- 311 Lincolnville Ave., Lincolnville
- R&D‚ÄàLiquor Store
- 500 Western Heights Circle, Hillsboro
- Superior Wine & Liquor
- 1240 Commercial Drive, Marion
- 7th Street Casino
- 803 N. 7th St., Kansas City, KS 66101
- Boot Hill Casino
- 4000 W. Comanche, Dodge City, KS 67801
- Casino White Cloud
- 777 Jackpot Drive, White Cloud, KS 66094
- Golden Eagle Casino
- 1121 Goldfinch Rd., Horton, KS 66439
- Prairie Band & Casino
- 12305 150th Road, Mayetta, KS 66509
- Sac & Fox Casino
- 1322 US Hwy 75, Powhattan, KS 66527